The Rock Block is a new, weekly, two-hour rock show presented by Ian Davies and available free of charge to radio stations. The first show was released on Tuesday 1st February 2022.
The Rock Block features rock music in most forms – classic rock, prog rock, punk rock, glam rock and the special category ‘rock which may not even be rock’.
It is a fast-paced show, concentrating on the music, with the right level of vocal links to provide personality.
The Rock Block is totally generic:
- No references to what’s in the news
- No references to the weather or seasons
- No references to the time of day or days of the week
- No mentions of ‘new releases’ or ‘current charts’ – making the Rock Block timeless
- No sponsorship
- Suitable for broadcast at any time day or night on any English-speaking station licensed to play music – FM, DAB and/or online
- Can be played in any order (e.g. Show 3 first, then Show 2 for example or played in chronological order of release)
The Rock Block is supplied as 4 x 29 mins files – 58 mins per hour, allowing time for ads, news or promos. The last track of each file is suitable for fading should more time be needed for ads, etc.
If preferred, as an alternative, the show can also be supplied as 1 x 120 mins file, with the last track suitable for fading.
Each show is released on Tuesday morning (UK time)
Listen to a SAMPLE SHOW HERE (WeTransfer link)
The following stations are broadcasting The Rock Block:
- 95 The Bear (Canada)
- 106.5 WDNR (Norfolk, Virginia, USA)
- All Rock Radio (Valetta, Malta)
- Barnet Community Radio (North London)
- Blue Panda Radio (non-geographic, broadcast from the UK)
- Burnham Radio (Burnham-on-Sea, Dorset)
- Cambrian Radio (Barry, South Wales)
- CBJ Radio (non-geographic, broadcast from the USA)
- Classic Rock XL (Ontario, Canada)
- Cumbernauld FM 106.8 (Cumbernauld, Glasgow)
- Gemini DX 2 (non-geographic, broadcast from the UK)
- Itchen Valley Radio (Itchen Valley, Hampshire)
- Kat Power Hit Radio (British Columbia, Canada)
- KLR24 (Kings Lynn, Norfolk)
- KRBC (Forsythe, Missouri, USA)
- MAD FM (non-geographic, broadcast from Auckland, New Zealand)
- Melton Community Radio (Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire)
- Pat Paradise Rock Station 104.5FM (Sioux Falls, USA)
- Power Hit FM (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Pure Radio (non-geographic, broadcasting from Canada)
- Radio Costa Blanca (Costa Blanca, Spain)
- Radio Q (Camberley, Surrey)
- Radio QDX (Toronto, Canada)
- Radio Rock Hits (Lima, Peru)
- Revenge FM (Faversham, Kent)
- Rock 103 (Edmonton, Canada)
- Rox Radio (non-geographic, broadcast from the UK)
- Secklow 105.5FM (Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire)
- SG1 Radio (Stevenage, Hertfordshire)
- Shaky Radio (non-geographic, serving the Parkinson's Community, broadcast from the UK)
- Spectrum FM (Southern Spain and Majorca)
- Star Radio 107.8FM (New South Wales, Australia)
- Waveney Valley Radio (Diss, Norfolk)
- White Beach Radio (Lanzarote)
- XO Radio (Murcia, Spain)
The following 'new' stations have scheduled The Rock Block for when they launch in the spring/summer.
InTune Radio (Shropshire)
Ouse Radio (Bedford)
Sunshine Music iRadio (Malta)
Torkard FM (Hucknall, Nottingham)
Here’s what these Station Owners have to say about The Rock Block
"I can say it's by far the most well produced classic rock show I've ever listened to."
Casey Maxwell, CEO, 106.5 WDNR (Norfolk, Virginia, USA)
“I love your delivery and song choices – all good stuff. The show is too good to only air one time a week I feel.”
Patrick Rieber, Owner, Pat Paradise Rock Station 104.5 (Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA)
"In case I haven't already said it, thanks for producing such an excellent quality show. It's the perfect fit for my station!"
Ken Gee, Owner, Rock 95 The Bear (Canada)
About the Presenter