THE ROCK BLOCK
WEEKLY, TWO-HOUR, SYNDICATED ROCK SHOW FOR RADIO STATIONS
The Rock Block is a weekly, two-hour rock show presented by Ian Davies and available free of charge to radio stations. The first show was released on Tuesday 1st February 2022.
The Rock Block features rock music in most forms – classic rock, prog rock, punk rock, glam rock and the special category ‘rock which may not even be rock’.
It is a fast-paced show, concentrating on the music, with the right level of vocal links to provide personality.
THE ROCK BLOCK IS TOTALLY GENERIC:
- No references to what’s in the news
- No references to the weather or seasons
- No references to the time of day or days of the week
- No mentions of ‘new releases’ or ‘current charts’ – making the Rock Block timeless
- No sponsorship
- Suitable for broadcast at any time day or night on any English-speaking station licensed to play music – FM, DAB and/or online
- Can be played in any order (e.g. Show 3 first, then Show 2 for example or played in chronological order of release)
The Rock Block is supplied as 4 x 29 mins files – 58 mins per hour, allowing time for ads, news or promos. The last track of each file is suitable for fading should more time be needed for ads, etc.
If preferred, as an alternative, the show can also be supplied as 1 x 120 mins file, with the last track suitable for fading.
Each show is released on Tuesday morning (UK time) and distributed to stations by WeTransfer, Dropbox, MyCloud, Google Drive or FTP; whichever method is preferred.
A 'vault' of all previous shows are available for radio stations too if required.
Listen to a sample show below:
The following stations are broadcasting The Rock Block:
- 1059 Jam Tha Basement (Las Vegas, Nevada, USA)
- 106.5 WDNR (Norfolk, Virginia, USA)
- All Rock Radio (Valletta, Malta)
- Aylesbury One (Aylesbury, Bucks)
- Barnet Community Radio (North London)
- Blue Panda Radio (non-geographic, broadcast from the UK)
- Brill Oldies 107.4FM (Brill, Buckinghamshire)
- Burnham Radio (Burnham-on-Sea, Dorset)
- Cambrian Radio (Barry, South Wales)
- CBJ Radio (Sheridan, Wyoming, USA)
- Central Coast Radio (The Entrance, New South Wales, Australia)
- Chippenham FM (Chippenham, Wiltshire)
- Classic Rock XL (Ontario, Canada)
- Connect Radio (Dundee, Scotland)
- Cumbernauld FM 106.8 (Cumbernauld, Glasgow)
- East Herts Radio (Ware, Hertfordshire)
- Essential Radio (Kilwinning, Ayrshire)
- Gemini DX 2 (non-geographic, broadcast from the UK)
- Kat Power Hit Radio (British Columbia, Canada)
- KLR24 (Kings Lynn, Norfolk)
- KRBC (Forsythe, Missouri, USA)
- KRRB-DB Revelation Radio (Grand Saline, Texas, USA)
- Lazy Gold (non-geographic, broadcast from Birmingham, West Midlands)
- MAD FM (non-geographic, broadcast from Auckland, New Zealand)
- Melton Community Radio (Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire)
- NFRS (Osaka, Japan)
- Night Wave Radio (Lawton, Oklahoma, USA)
- Positively Morrinsville (Morrinsville, New Zealand)
- Power Hit FM (Christchurch, New Zealand)
- Pure Beat Radio (Aberdeen, Scotland)
- Pure Radio (non-geographic, broadcasting from UK)
- Radio 111 FM (Stavanger, Norway)
- Radio Costa Blanca (Costa Blanca, Spain)
- Radio Deeside (Queensferry, North Wales)
- Radio Q (Camberley, Surrey)
- Radio QDX (Toronto, Canada)
- Radio Telstar (Edinburgh, Scotland)
- Rider Radio Rocks (Ontario, Canada)
- Rock 103 (Edmonton, Canada)
- Rox Radio (non-geographic, broadcast from the UK)
- SG1 Radio (Stevenage, Hertfordshire)
- Shaky Radio (non-geographic, serving the Parkinson's Community, broadcast from the UK)
- Sine FM (Doncaster, South Yorkshire)
- Spectrum FM (Southern Spain and Majorca)
- Star Radio 107.8FM (New South Wales, Australia)
- Sunshine Music iRadio (Valletta, Malta)
- The Animal - Classic Rock (Birmingham, Alabama, USA)
- WA Radio Network (Perth, Australia)
- Waveney Valley Radio (Diss, Norfolk)
- White Beach Radio (Lanzarote)
- WIRU-DB (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
- WVR (Waddesdon, Bucks)
- X-Everything That Rocks (Terre Haute, Indiana, USA)
- XO Radio (Murcia, Spain)
Here’s what these Station Owners and Programme Controllers have to say about The Rock Block
"I can say it's by far the most well produced classic rock show I've ever listened to."
Casey Maxwell, CEO, 106.5 WDNR (Norfolk, Virginia, USA)
"We are really loving the show. Such a great mix of songs."
Brian Woolfson, Station Manager, Essential Radio (Kilwilling, Scotland)
"Thanks for another great show Ian. They are very popular with the public."
Tommy Marshall, Director, Cumbernauld 106.8FM (Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire, Scotland)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Ian Davies began broadcasting in hospital radio in the mid 80s before moving on to FM and AM stations in the north of England.
In recent times, Ian has presented a variety of shows, including 80s, oldies, album charts and rock on several FM, DAB and Internet radio stations, including Spectrum FM, the largest English language radio station in Spain, broadcasting on FM across all of southern Spain, Gibraltar and Majorca.
Would you like THE ROCK BLOCK for your radio station?
Please get in touch if you would like The Rock Block for your station. Simply fill in the form below and Ian will get back to you with more information.